Koryu Uchinadi Kenpo-jutsu (KU) is an exceptionally deep, reality (non-sport) based fighting style heavily oriented to self-defence based on the original principles of Okinawan Karate.
The practise includes:
- Body conditioning and fitness,
- Basic solo technical development (kicks, blocks, punches, stances),
- Two-person drills,
- Two-person flow drills,
- Defensive responses to habitual violence,
- Kata (solo patterns for form),
- Kata defensive applications,
- Solo and partner ground work ,
- Throws and take-downs,
- Joint locks, chokes and strangulations,
- Break falling or receiving the ground,
- Weapons (staff and short stick).
All levels are welcome and classes are structured to be age appropriate and safe.
ALAN COLTER, Sensei