Buchanan Elementary School
Buchanan Elementary was under construction in 1950, and opened in 1951 with a staff of 9 teachers, 353 students grades 1-6, and 61 students attending kindergarten. The first principal was Miss Verna Milburn.
Buchanan School serves the northwest communities of Highland Park, Tuxedo Park and Greenview. Students from Buchanan School move to George P. Vanier Junior High School and then on to James Fowler High School.